We have just spent a busy weekend attending the optical trade show Optrafair 2013 at the NEC in Birmingham. We exhibited our prescription swimming goggles, Viteyes and Eye Care Cosmetics to the delegates – opticians, contact lens practitioners and optical assistants looking to stock new and exciting ranges. Our new mirrored prescription goggles were modelled by Konnie and Mark from Hels Belles Model Agency.
We have spent this week opening the new accounts and sending out the orders from the show.
We received a huge amount of interest in Eye Care Cosmetics which were also nominated for Best Contact Lens Product at the Optician Awards on Saturday night. Held at the Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel and hosted by the very entertaining Hugh Dennis, the awards celebrated innovation and the very best in the optical industry.
Although we were unsuccessful this time, our table was very lucky picking up three trophies!
Our congratulations go to:
- Specsavers Opticians Sutton in Ashfield for winning Best Multiple Practice
- Feb31st for winning Frame of the Year
- Andrew Millington, Millington Dawson Optometrists for winning Optician of the Year.
Special mention also to two of our Eye Care Cosmetics stockists:
- Turners Optometrists, Bridgwater for winning the Dry Eye Award
- David Gould from David Gould Opticians for winning Contact Lens Practitioner of the Year.
After a celebration dinner for 600 guests, a charity casino was organised and it was great fun playing blackjack for a good cause Vision Aid Overseas.
A live band and dancing finished off the evening until carriages at midnight.